I know that I need to be saving money, but when I was given the opportunity to take a road-trip to California with Ashley for the Coachella music festival, I couldn’t say no.
I have never been to Coachella, but I did go to Boonstock last summer, which although a lot smaller has given me a taste of what to expect. Crowds, long-line ups, disgusting out-houses and lots of partying will be had!
I can’t wait!
I’ve also realized that I may need to get a second job. For those of you who don’t know my current living situation I am living rent-free in my Uncle’s house. It was a deal too good to be true, as I recently received a text that I had to be out by March 25th. I know, seems impossible…well it is impossible. So now Ashley and I are scrambling to make a decision for this summer.
My dilemma: do I move back into my father’s house or move-out with Ashley for the summer?
Pros of moving into my Dads:
- No rent
- still in the same neighborhood
- close to my work and my gym
- When I leave for Europe I don’t need to move my stuff
Cons of moving into Dads:
- I have a room in the basement to myself and nothing else
- I share the basement common-area with my step-sister
- I have to share my space with people I don’t know very well
- I moved out in the first place for a reason, and moving back in I feel like I’ll be taking a step backward
Pros of moving out with Ashley:
- I already live with her and it’s AWESOME
- Shared grocery expense
- Get to live with a friend
- Live in a “hipper” neighborhood
- I’ll feel like I have my own place
- I have to pay rent ($600+/month)
- When I go to Europe I have to either find someone to take over my lease or pay while I’m away
What is a girl to do?
It’s looking as though I will be getting a second job. Even if I decide to head back to Dad’s, having a second job will not only give me extra income, I will also be out of the house more-often. Perfect!
Damn these life decisions!