Click, Pin, Tweet, Post

I’m not “old”.

But, I feel old when I really take a moment to look at how different my life is today compared to only 2 years ago.

In my first year of University, Facebook had just been introduced. I was still using MSN Messenger as my main form of contact, and I thought that Skype was the best thing since sliced bread. Then Facebook happened.

Thank-you facebook for allowing me to get 200+ friends in less than a year, only to realize that I knew only 20% of them, and the other 80% were only on my list for creeping purposes.

Fast-forward a few years, and MSN was pretty much obsolete (yeah, it’s over, sorry for those of you who missed that boat). Hollywood made a movie about Facebook, The Social Network, and we all watched it, talking about how much our lives had changed because of a simple invention.

But, that was just the beginning.

In just 2 years, I have more social-media-type accounts than I can keep track of.

I tweet on twitter as @tpawsey and have learned to @tag and #hashtag my blog posts in less than 140 characters.

I have graduated from a hotmail account to gmail.

I spend countless hours watching clips on YouTube or stream movies and tv shows for pretty much nothing on Netflix.

*P.S. Let’s take moment of silence to remember all of the fallen movie rental stores now out of business*

I follow some of my favourite sites via RSS feed.

I want to show you some really awesome photos, so I now post them on Facebook, my blog, Instagram and my Flickr account.

I write two blogs (only 1 faithfully), and have learned that tagging properly is a good form of SEO (search engine optimization).

I have a LinkedIn account because my PR friend told me it was the next big thing, yet I can’t remember my password!

When I find a a picture, recipe, quote, outfit or destination I like, I now pin it to my board and share it with my friends and followers.

Now, instead of my parents saying “don’t be a follower, be a leader”, I am conditioned to not only be a follower, but to have as many followers as possible.

Think about it: half of the vocabulary we now use in everyday conversation is the result of less than 15 years.

But, I am not complaining.

No, I love the internet and all of my social media tools. Procrastination is now a past-time and,  just like Pinterest, I LOVE IT!

So, what are you waiting for? Click on my links, Pin my awesome photos, tweet about my blog that you follow! Or, spend a few more hours procrastinating by checking out the links below to some of the blogs I follow.

Letters for Loves – It’s the “soap opera” of my daily blog reading

Thought Catalog – There are articles on this site for everyone. Some make me laugh, while others make me cry.

JesssRich – If you are following my blog for my eventual traveling posts (only 2 more months!) you’ll love this girls blog! She just started it, but if the material so far is a taste of what’s to come, I think she’ll have a ton of followers in no time! (Oh, and she’s Canadian!)

Click away my @friends and #enjoy!

xo

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Click, Pin, Tweet, Post

  1. Without Facebook and all this Social Media I wouldn’t have a job. You’re doing so well Taylor, I’m sure you could get a marketing position as a Social Media Manager once you get back from Europe. (If that’s what you want to do) Plus I get to learn I have SO MUCH in common with this awesome gal I met at Coachella. Oh yeah had another crazy dream about the group last night navigating Downtown LA and a Lakers game but the Lakers were a hockey team not basketball. Yeah I love your blog, keep up the good work. I’m trying to get better at it myself.

  2. Hey Tay,

    I just saw this shout out now.
    Thank you so much for your support!

    I’m working on my own site, so when it’s up and running I’ll be sure to return the favour (you can check it out at jesssrich.com).

    It’s currently a work in progress but it should be ready to go in the next month or so.

    Thanks again!

    Jessie

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s