Tomorrow I finally post the link to my new blog.
Thursday, the 13th, is the last post (Inspiration Thursday) that I will write for Tay in Europe until I finally have the money to plan my next adventure.
When I started my travel blog it was to share my experiences with my friends and family. Now, it is a place where I can also organize my thoughts, reminisce about the small moments spent with people I may never see again, and a place that shows my growth. I read my first post, I booked my flight!, and then I think about all I have experienced since then, and I get a huge sense of satisfaction.
Who booked a flight to Dublin on a whim? I did.
Who skinny-dipped in the Irish Sea? I did.
Who learned how to make friends, using her awkward charm? I did.
Who got lost in Paris, racked up a massive phone-bill, and still managed to get drunk in front of the Eiffel tower the next night? I did.
Who fell madly, and deeply, in-love with Portugal? I did.
Who made many friends she hopes to keep for a life-time? I did.
Yes, I am very proud of how far I have come. And, I was able to share my adventures with you!
But you know what else I love about blogging? Reading your blogs!
So, for those of you who were reading along solely for the purpose of travel, here are links to a few of my favourite travel bloggers:
- Finding Gravity – I love Carley’s writing! No, it’s not solely about travel, but she has great insight into life, and staying grounded.
- Jesssrich – A fellow twenty-something travel blogger! I stumbled on her wordpress site before I left, and have been following along every since. Also, she and I have even exchanged a few e-mails these past few months: another reason why I love the blogging community!
- 104 Days Late – This is my travel-BFF’s blog! Sherry is wonderful, and her documented travels are far from over! Like me, she is trying to integrate back into society, and she writes her thoughts so eloquently that I find myself yelling at my computer: “Yes, that is exactly how I feel too!”
- Christine in Spain – Interested in Spain? Christine is the reason I went to Spain during my trip to Europe!
- Blonde Gypsy – Someone who loves Portugal almost as much as I do!
- The Polar Route – For awesome photos!
- Anywhere But Home – Twenty-something nomad!